The Network for College Success invites high school educators to attend a four-day professional development experience that will help foster professional learning communities (PLCs) in your school.
The Leading PLCs workshop will build your capacity to plan, facilitate, and lead adult learning experiences that will ultimately benefit students.
Please note that we have filled all of our registration spots as of Wednesday, April 17th. If you are still interested in attending this summer, please register below for the wait list, and we will notify you if a spot becomes available.
Monday, June 24 – Thursday, June 27
8:30am to 3:30pm each day
Registrants must be present all four days.
University of Chicago
$850 per person
Includes breakfast and lunch each day and all materials
Note: This workshop is for high school educators not currently in NCS partner schools.
Registrants who are unable to attend the Leading PLCs workshop may request a full refund if NCS is notified of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the workshop. Registrants cancelling within 30 days of the workshop will not be eligible for a refund and must pay the registration fee regardless of attendance.
At the workshop, educators will:
- Explore the significance of facilitative leadership to improve student learning
- Cultivate a toolbox (i.e. protocols, templates) to use as a vehicle for rigorous work with teams
- Hone strategies for leading equity-centered work among adults that is focused on students
- Practice facilitative skills, such as giving and receiving constructive feedback on professional practice
- Examine student and adult work and learn about the tools/protocols to engage in this process
- Develop a practical plan for leading a PLC
For Illinois residents, ISBE Clock Hours are available!
Please contact LaKisha Pittman should you need assistance regarding your registration.
Note: This workshop is for educators not currently in NCS partner schools.