The Network for College Success is proud to announce the second National Freshman Success Institute! Starting this June, NCS will lead seven days of powerful learning with teams of educators from across the country. Our goal is to help schools organize for improvement so that ALL students succeed.
Registration is now closed for the 2017-18 Institute.
"Best educational conference I have attended in 20+ years of teaching!" ¯ David Moss, Teacher
Watch the National Freshman Success Institute video!
Check out the Institute Overview flyer!
Seven Day Institute
June 26-28, 2017 Oct. 26-27, 2017 Jan. 25-26, 2018
at the UChicago School of Social Service Administration
- Successfully transitioning students from middle to high school
- Examining the research-based indicators that matter most for high school success
- Supporting students to stay on-track to graduation
- Analyzing data to inform instruction & student supports
- Moving beyond mitigating course failure to improving course performance
- Leading and supporting freshman grade-level teacher teams
- Collaborative action planning
- Site visits to high schools that have demonstrated success
Cost & Participation:
$4,500 per person (teams of 4 or more: $4,200 per person)
Teams should minimally include 3 members. Beyond the Principal, we recommend a freshman teacher leader or counselor and a data person proficient in Excel.
Fee includes breakfast and lunch each day and all materials.
There are a limited number of partial scholarships available (from the full cost per person).