Each year, NCS facilitates powerful professional learning with educators from across the country. In 2022-23, the National Freshman Success Institute will return to an in-person experience!
Seven-Day Institute Dates
July 19, 20 and July 21, 2022
October 13 and 14, 2022
February 16 and 17, 2023
The Institute will provide:
- Seven full days of powerful in-person professional learning
- Community learning including: extended practice, small group work, data support, and/or joint problem solving
- Self-guided learning and collaboration activities that utilize best practices
- Resource and tools for individuals, teams, and schools
- Learn how to successfully transition students from middle to high school
- Examine the research on what matters the most for high school success
- Support students to stay on-track to graduation by building and leading freshman teacher teams
- Analyze data to inform instruction and student supports
- Explore how to move beyond mitigating course failure to improving course performance
- Engage in collaborative action planning
- $3,500 per person
- $3,000 per person if registering as a team of 5 or more
- $2,500 per person if registering as a team of 10 or more
Cost includes breakfast and lunch each day, and all materials. Note that all materials will be made available to registered participants electronically. Please bring a laptop or other electronic device with you. If a paper copy of materials is need, NCS can accommodate those needs at an extra cost.
Registration Deadline: July 8, 2022
NCS recommends attending as a team of at least three educators. Principals are highly encouraged to register as well as freshman teacher leaders, counselors, and educators with data experience (proficient in Excel).
Attendance for all seven days of the Institute is expected. If you can no longer attend, but would like to send someone else in your place, there will be a non-refundable $125 switching fee if notifying NCS less than one week prior to the Institute.
Registrants who are unable to attend the National Freshman Success Institute may request a full refund if NCS is notified prior to the cancellation deadline date (July 8th). Registrants cancelling after the cancellation deadline will not be eligible for a refund and must pay the registration fee regardless of attendance.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Vaccination Policy
NCS and the University of Chicago are committed to the health and safety of NFSI participants and our staff. During the Institute, we will adhere to University, city, and state guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety procedures.
- Masks will be required when indoors except when eating or drinking.
- We strongly encourage proof of vaccination. All participants will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test (either a home test or a PCR) received in the 24 hours before the start of the event. Participants will be required to use the CrowdPass app to upload proof of a negative COVID test, as well as proof of vaccination if available.
- Home tests will be available to participants if they are experiencing symptoms or know of an exposure.
We ask that every participant follow CDC guidelines regarding quarantine and isolation if exposed to COVID or experiencing symptoms.