Each year, NCS facilitates powerful professional learning with educators from across the country. In 2021-22, the National Freshman Success Institute will be a virtual experience!
July 21 and July 22, 2021: 10am to 3pm (CST)
December 9, 2021 and March 3, 2022: Time TBD (2 hours each)
The Institute will provide:
- Two days of powerful virtual professional learning
- Two community learning sessions throughout the year, including: extended practice, small group work, data support, and/or joint problem solving
- Self-guided learning and collaboration activities that utilize best practices for virtual engagement
- Resource and tools for individuals, teams, and schools
- Learn how to successfully transition students from middle to high school
- Examine the research on what matters the most for high school success
- Support students to stay on-track to graduation by building and leading freshman teacher teams
- Analyze data to inform instruction and student supports
- Explore how to move beyond mitigating course failure to improving course performance
- Engage in collaborative action planning
- $1,500 per person
- $1,200 per person if registering as a team of 5 or more
- $1,200 per person if registering by May 31, 2021
Registration Deadline: July 7, 2021
NCS recommends attending as a team of at least three educators. Principals are highly encouraged to register as well as freshman teacher leaders, counselors, and educators with data experience (proficient in Excel).
If you can no longer attend, but would like to send someone else in your place, there will be a non-refundable $125 switching fee if notifying NCS less than one week prior to the Institute.
Registrants who are unable to virtually attend the National Freshman Success Institute may request a full refund if NCS is notified prior to the cancellation deadline date (July 7th). Registrants cancelling after the cancellation deadline will not be eligible for a refund and must pay the registration fee regardless of attendance.