In 2020-21, NCS is facilitating powerful professional learning with educators from across the country. For the first time ever, the National Freshman Success Institute will be a virtual experience!
**Registration is now closed. If you would like to join the waiting list, please contact Evelyn Camarillo.**
The Institute will provide:
- Four hours of powerful professional learning on BOTH July 22nd and 23rd (10am to 2pm CST)
- Four community learning sessions throughout the year, including: extended practice, small group work, data support, and joint problem solving
- Self-guided learning and collaboration activities that utilize best practices for virtual engagement
- Resource and tools for individuals, teams, and schools
- Learn how to successfully transition students from middle to high school
- Examine the research on what matters the most for high school success
- Support students to stay on-track to graduation by building and leading freshman teacher teams
- Analyze data to inform instruction and student supports
- Explore how to move beyond mitigating course failure to improving course performance
- Engage in collaborative action planning
Cost: $800 per person
NCS recommends attending as a team of at least three educators. Principals are highly encouraged to register as well as freshman teacher leaders, counselors, and educators with data experience (proficient in Excel).
If you can no longer attend, but would like to send someone else in your place, there will be a non-refundable $125 switching fee after July 15th.
Registrants who are unable to virtually attend the National Freshman Success Institute may request a full refund if NCS is notified prior to the cancellation deadline date (July 15th). Registrants cancelling after the cancellation deadline will not be eligible for a refund and must pay the registration fee regardless of attendance.