The Network for College Success invites high school educators to attend our two-day Equity-Based Leadership workshop. Participants will engage in antiracist transformative work that will change their practice and improve student experiences.
Stay tuned for 2022 dates!
For more information, view the 2021 flyer.
At the workshop, participants will:
- Build awareness of personal narratives, race, culture, and systemic/institutional factors that produce inequitable outcomes.
- Engage with texts, structures, tools, ideas, and colleagues in order to develop skills, deepen knowledge, and strategize around individual and team equity-centered work.
- Build (and be in) community with colleagues across difference for the purpose of building alliances needed to pick up equity-centered work.
This intensive experience is designed to push your thinking, provoke questions, prompt critical reflection, and collectively make deeper meaning of how equity work can be applied to your practice.
Virtual - Hosted via Zoom
2021 Cost (per person)
- Standard Rate: $1,000
- Antiracist Leaders Community Member: $250
- CPS Educator (non-partner school): $500
- NCS Partner Educator: $0
Substantial lunch break and other smaller breaks will be provided.
Registrants must be present both days.
Registrants who are unable to attend the Equity-Based Leadership workshop may request a full refund if NCS is notified of the cancellation by July 15, 2021. Registrants cancelling after July 15, 2021 will not be eligible for a refund and must pay the registration fee regardless of attendance.
For Illinois residents, ISBE Clock Hours are available!